Solar energy i.e. energy from the sun provide consistent and steady source of solar power throughout the year. As our natural resources set to decline in the years to come, its important for the whole world to move towards renewable sources. The main benefit of solar energy that it can be easily deployed by both home and business users as it does not require any huge set up like in case of wind and geothermal power stations. Solar energy not only benefits individual owners, but also benefit environment as well.
1. No Pollution : Solar energy is non-polluting, clean, reliable and renewable source of electricity. It does not pollute the air by releasing harmful gases like carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide. Solar energy does not require and fuel and thus avoid the problems of transportation of fuel or the storage of radioactive waste.
2. Long lasting solar cells : Solar cells make no noise at all and there are no moving parts in solar cells which makes them long lasting and require very little maintenance. Solar energy provides cost effective solutions to energy problems where there is no electricity at all.
3. Renewable Source : Solar energy is a renewable source of energy and will continue to produce electricity as long as sun exists. Although solar energy can not be produce during night and cloudy days but it can be used again and again during day time. Solar energy from sun is consistent and constant power source and can be used to harness power in remote locations.
4. Low maintenance : Solar cells generally doesn’t require any maintenance and run for long time. More solar panels can be added from time to time when needed. Although, solar panels have initial cost but there are no recurring costs. Initial cost that is incurred once can be recovered in the long run. Apart from this, solar panels does not create any noise and does not release offensive smell.
5. Easy Installation : Solar panels are easy to install and does not require any wires, cords or power sources. Unlike wind and geothermal power stations which require them to be tied with drilling machines, solar panels does not require them and can be installed on the rooftops which means no new space is needed and each home or business user can generate their own electricity. Moreover, they can be installed in distributed fashion which means no large scale installations are needed.
Solar power technology is improving consistently from time to time and as our non-renewable source decline its important for the whole world to move towards renewable sources of energy. There are however several things which is stopping solar energy from being used more extensively. Solar energy disadvantages are sure to be overcome as technology improves and its usage will increase as people begin to understand the benefits offered by solar energy.